What Personal Information About Users Does Midnight Horror Show Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Midnight Horror Show. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Examples: You provide most such information when you register, search, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with us. For example, you provide information when you search for a movie; provide information in our registration form; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; vote in a poll; provide movie reviews or information related to movies; participate in a discussion board; and employ our notification services. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, e-mail address, physical address, zip code, and phone number; your age and gender; the movies and actors you like or dislike; and your general movie preferences.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Midnight Horror Show or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Midnight Horror Show on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Midnight Horror Show if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also send emails about news, contests, and other information regarding the site, or occasional horror promotion. You can message us or email us if you receive anything you would like to opt out of, if you receive any unwanted emails from us.
- Mobile: If an app version is released, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, local showtimes, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services in your device’s settings menu.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information, examples being updated delivery and address information so that we can correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily.
- What About Cookies? Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features that may require them.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer. However, because not having cookies enabled may not allow you to take full advantage of some of Midnight Horror Show's current, or future features, we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- We may use web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “single-pixel gifs”) and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of certain site features and to conduct research and analysis. We may also allow third parties to place web beacons and other technologies on our site to conduct research and analysis, but we will not provide personal information to such third parties.
Does Midnight Horror Show Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not interested in selling it to others. We may share user information as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In some cases, we will include offerings from affiliated businesses on Midnight Horror Show. In other cases, we may include joint offerings from Midnight Horror Show and these businesses on Midnight Horror Show. You can tell when another business is involved in the offering, and we may share user information related to those offerings with that business.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: In the future, we may send offers to selected groups of Midnight Horror Show users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and e-mail address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know at the time you receive them.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is transferred along with the rest of the service or business unit. Also, in the event that Midnight Horror Show, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be included in the transaction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will always receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Third-Party Advertisers?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Midnight Horror Show may also display personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about users, such as information you submit to us about movies you own or have watched. Although Midnight Horror Show does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought, watched, or browsed for horror movies).
How Secure Is Information About Me?
If you use our service, we work to protect the security of your subscription information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices and Access Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Midnight Horror Show features as My Movies and local show times.
- You can add or update certain information, such as your password, in your profile. You can reach out to us if you would like to change your email address.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer. However, because disabling cookies may not allow you to take advantage of some of Midnight Horror Show's features, we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Midnight Horror Show is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not submit information about yourself to Midnight Horror Show.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Midnight Horror Show, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California.
If you have any concern about privacy at Midnight Horror Show, please send us a thorough description to our help desk, and we will try to resolve it.